Lamb Brand – Gluten free safe.
1. Low calorie food stops cravings. A cup is only 130 calories! It also stays in your stomach longer making you feel full longer. You will have less hunger and cravings.
2. Provides high levels of fiber and low levels of fat.
3. Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces risk of diabetes (type 2). The high fiber and complex carbohydrates slow down the conversion of this whole food to simple sugars. The high levels of magnesium nourish the body proper use of glucose and insulin secretion.
4. Removes your bad cholesterol (without affecting your good cholesterol). Many studies have shown that the unique FIBER in oatmeal called beta-glucan. Has beneficial effects r on cholesterol levels
5. Gluten free safe. If you are gluten sensitive, you will have no problem with oatmeal. If you are gluten intolerant or celiac there is some cause for concern. Oats lack many of the prolamines (protein) found in wheat (gluten) but oats do contain avenin. Avenin is a prolamine that is considered toxic to the intestinal mucosa of avenin-sensitive individuals. Oats can also contain gluten from nearby wheat field contamination and processing facilities. Many studies have shown that many celiacs can consume wheat free oats with no problems.
6. Contains lignins which protect against heart disease and cancer. Oatmeal, like many whole grains, contains plant lignans, which are converted by intestinal flora into mammalian lignans. One lignin, called enterolactone, is thought to protect against breast and other hormone-dependent cancers as well as heart disease.
7. Contains unique antioxidants beneficial for heart disease. A study at Tuffs University shows that the unique antioxidants in oatmeal called called avenanthramides, help prevent free radicals from damaging LDL cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
8. Protects against heart failure. A Harvard study on 21,000 participants over 19 years showed that found that men who enjoyed a daily morning bowl of whole grain (but not refined) cereal had a 29% lower risk of heart failure. Guess what grain is most easily found and prepared unrefined – oats.
9. Enhances Immune Response to disease. The unique fiber in oatmeal called beta-gluten also has been shown to helps neutrophils travel to the site of an infection more quickly and it also enhances their ability to eliminate the bacteria they find there
10. Delicious and nutritious. Oats are a good source of many nutrients including vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium. And they taste delicious, especially if you make the oatmeal with almond milk and fresh fruit.