Caffe Cordina — Direct, inspire and motivate the F&B Manager and the service team members to meet customers' expe...
Caffe Cordina is a leading operator in the catering industry, operating a cafeteria, bar, and restaurant in Valletta. We are also involved in the outside catering, packed confectionery, and gourmet segments.
We are currently seeking a professional, ambitious individual who is ready to work in a dynamic atmosphere and meet the challenges of a rewarding job.
* Manage, together with the F&B Manager, the food and beverage provision for the cafeteria and restaurant, as well as for any outside catering event
* Direct, inspire and motivate the F&B Manager and the service team members to meet customers' expectations and at the same time maximise sales
* Coordinate the hiring and ongoing training of all cafeteria/restaurant/kitchen/confectionery staff
* Organise, supervise and maximise the potential of Cordina Outside Catering (COC) business.
* Establish and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all the departments related to operations within the business
* Plan cafeteria/restaurant and outside catering menus, weekly specials and other festivities specialties in consultation with F&B Manager, head chef, and head patissier
* Consolidate and develop further the products packaging business - both confectionery and gourmet
* Negotiate contracts with suppliers
* Liaise with the financial controller and sales manager in setting and agreeing on financial budgets
* Oversee the logistics requirements of the business, including stores and deliveries
* Exploring and analysing possibilities of new ventures
* Leadership and motivation skills
* Hands-on approach and a team player
* Experience in managing outside catering business is a must
* Strong commercial acumen and opportunity seeking regarding both strategy and execution
* Flexible in working hours and juggling between roles
* Conversant with MS Office applications
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Maltese and English languages
* Be meticulous and with an ability to work efficiently under pressure
Candidates must have at least 3 years' experience in a similar role in the catering industry.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
Caffe Cordina is an equal-opportunities employer
Kindly send an application and a detailed CV via email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 21 August 2017